• 1 cup self-raising flour
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 cup milk
• 2 x 420g cans corn kernels, drained
• 2 tbsp chopped chives
• 100g fetta, crumbled
• 30g piece cold butter
• 1 small avocado, cut into wedges
• 30g baby rocket
• 2 tbsp Coles sweet chilli sauce, to serve
1. Place flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Use a fork to whisk eggs and milk in a jug and pour gradually into the flour, stirring gently to combine. Fold in corn, chives and fetta. Don’t over-mix or the fritters will be tough.
2. Wrap butter in a piece of paper towel. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and wipe with the butter to grease. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into the pan (you’ll have to cook in batches). Cook for about 2-3 mins, until golden brown underneath, then turn and cook the other side. Repeat with the butter and fritter mixture.
3. Serve fritters with avocado, bacon, cherry tomatoes, rocket and sweet chilli sauce.