Last Saturday the grand finals of the 2019 Saturday morning netball competition were played in almost spring like conditions. In Division 1 the Tigers were up against the Pumas who came away with the win. The Go Division saw the Pumas and Wildcats battling it out. Pumas were the stronger team claiming the win.
Last Saturday was a very foggy morning with the smallest members of Parkes Netball, the NET division, having their presentation.
The committee hopes you have had a fun year of Netball and can’t wait for you to come back next year.
Saturday also saw the last general rounds of divisions 1 and Go. With some games ending in a draw or forfeit, this has made the points tally mix up a little with some surprising results.
Semi-finals start this weekend with a reminder to respect all players and officials while on and off the courts. Umpires decisions are final.
Results Division 1:
• Tigers 28 v Pumas 28 – MVP Ella Harbidge and Matayah Guy
• Wildcats forfeit to Panthers
Results Go Division:
• Pumas 10 v Wildcats 5 – MVP Mhairi Wyllie and Grace Dunford
• Tigers 18 v Panthers 16 – MVP Jose Jennings and Sienna Barber
Divisions 1 and 2 put on a great show last Saturday using all the skills they have learnt over the season to deliver some great scoring games. The final general round will be played this weekend, while the NET girls will have their final session and presentation this week. They had an absolute blast learning new skills, having fun and meeting new friends. Thank you to Natasha Barber for her time every week show these girls how fun netball can be. This competition would not be possible without parent helpers. It is great to see the amount of volunteers who help with coaching/managing, canteen duties, set up and pack up.
Mother Nature certainly gave us a chilly morning this week with girls having to resort to dancing on the court to keep warm. It was very entertaining to watch such original dance moves from some of our division 2 girls. This week also saw for the first time this competition a couple of forfeits with numbers being low in both divisions. With this in mind, could players please let coaches know if you will be away as this will make it easier to organise teams each Saturday.
We would like to thank all of our beautiful girls who sub up every week to help out other divisions run smoothly. Not only do you give up your time you show great sportsmanship towards the teams your involved with.
This weekend will be the last round before our 3-week break for school holidays. Netball will be back on Saturday 27th July. To all families who are travelling, stay safe on our roads and have a great holiday.
Good luck to the Parkes Representative girls heading off to Sydney next weekend for the NSW Junior State Titles.
Results – Round 9
• Division 1: Wildcats forfeited Panthers, Tigers 17 def Pumas 13
• Go Division: Panthers forfeited Pumas, Pumas 20 def Wildcats 7
Saturday 29th June – Round 10
• Division 1: 9:30am: Court 1: Panthers v Tigers, Court 3: Wildcats v Pumas
• Go Division: 10:30am: Court 1: Pumas v Panthers, Court 3: Wildcats v Tigers
• Set Division: 09:30am: Court 4
• Net Division: 09:30am: Court 8
By Lisa Nutley
After a very cold week mother nature blessed us with some sunshine for another great round of netball last Saturday.
The young players are showing some great skills with the ball and around the court, as well as learning new techniques and strategies to further develop their game.
We take a break this weekend, but be ready for some more fun when we restart on Saturday, 15h June with Crazy Sock and Hair day.
Remember to dress up as there will be special rewards for the following:
• Best dressed Net player
• Best dressed Set player
• Best dressed Go team
• Best dressed Division 1 team
Results of Round 7:
• Tigers 53 defeat Panthers 5 (MVP: Stella Neville and Lucy Macgregor)
• Wildcats 17 defeat Pumas 16 (MVP: Katie Dunford and Lillie Fyer)
• Wildcats 13 defeat Tigers 8 (MVP: Edie Seaman and Savannah Latu)
• Pumas 12 defeat Panthers 4 (MVP Connie Fryer and Charlotte Moon)
Parkes Junior Netball will be promoting the importance of positivity this week as part of the annual Shoosh for Kids campaign to encourage teams, officials and family members to show each other respect and encouragement on and off the court.
There’s nothing worse than the negative behaviour of someone watching and ruining it for everyone. Get involved in the state-wide campaign to keep comments positive at junior sport – remember, sport should be fun! #shooshforkids.
Mother Nature dished up a glorious day for netball last Saturday. With more close scores in division 2, it’s shaping up to be a tight race come finals time.
This week will be the launch of encouragement awards for the net and set divisions giving the lucky winners a canteen voucher to spend.
Results: Round 5 Division 1
• Pumas 49 def Panthers 17 (MVP: Edi Seaman and Marley Takian)
• Tigers 28 def Wildcats 18 (MVP: Mhairi Wyllie and Matayah Guy)
• Pumas 9 def Tigers 6 (MVP:Savannah
Latu and Grace Dunford) • Panthers 14 def Wildcats 13 (MVP: Jessica Morgan and Mhairi Wyllie)
What a great round of netball with a lot of close matches played.
The newly added division 2 shirts look bright and colourful giving the girls a sense of team unity. Division 1 shirts are on the way. As it is getting colder, teams are reminded to warm up before matches to limit injuries.
Parkes Netball Association will be holding its Annual General Meeting at the Parkes Services club on Monday, 20th May at 7pm. Results – Round 3
• Pumas 22 drew Tigers 22 (MVP: Katie Dunford and Lucy MacGregor)
• Panthers 24 defeat Wildcats 23
• Panthers 7 defeat Tigers 6 (MVP: Jessica Morgan and Lara Brown)
• Pumas 10 defeat Wildcats 9 (MVP: Charlotte Moon and Emmeline Wyllie) Round 4, Saturday, 11th May
Division 1 – 9:30am
• Court 1: Panthers v Tigers (Umpires: Mel Evans and Jack McGrath)
• Court 3: Wildcats v Pumas (Umpires: Katie Mac and Teagan Smede)
Go Division – 10:30am
• Court 1:Pumas v Panthers (Umpires: Paris Neville and Julia Dunn)
• Court 3: Wildcats v Tigers (Umpires: Mel Evans and Ally Bush)
Set Division – 09:30am Court 4
Net Division – 09:30am Court 8
It was great to see so many new and familiar faces at the gala day on Monday. We would like to welcome and congratulate Niki Guy and Maree Harbidge as the new Saturday morning junior coordinators.
They will be at the courts each week running the junior competitions.
The committee have taken care to ensure teams are even in strength and playing positions.
Please note that teams are subject to change. Players should arrive 15-20 minutes before the start of their games to
meet their teams, coaches and warm up. Uniforms are black skirts/shorts and white shirts. See you all Saturday. For any enquires contact Niki Guy 0405 160 830.
• Division 1 9:30am: Court 1 Tigers v Panthers; Court 3 Pumas v Wildcats.
• Go Division 10:30am: Court 1 Tigers v Wildcats; Court 3 Panthers v Pumas.
• Set Division 9:30am: Court 4.
• Net Division 10am: Court 8.
The netball winter competition is starting on Tuesday, 5th March. Get a team together or just register online through MyNetball and you will be allocated into a team. The competition will run for 14 weeks with finals to follow. The cost for adults has been discounted to $155. Parkes and District Netball Association is registered with Active Kids which means juniors can play for free, otherwise the cost is $100. All registrations will be done online through MyNetball and payments via direct deposit to Parkes Netball. Registration closes on Friday, 22nd February. Sign up at www.mynetball.com.auto.