A brilliant day of netball was had by all on Sunday, 7th May when Forbes Netball Association staged the annual All Age Regional netball carnival.
The carnival was sponsored by Evolution Mining, and the FNA thank Evolution for their generous support of the association and all the Forbes members. This is the first time a major sponsor has come on board to support the carnival, which was a huge success.
A record 16 teams of 11 years played a full day, showcasing the future talent and love of the game by the future stars.
Ages ranged on the day from 11 years mixed to open ladies, as teams battled it out for the top of the ladder, with 8 separate age groups played.
The day started off with the traditional Nut Bush, at 8:20am, when all the players join together to celebrate the start of the carnival, and the fun that was to be had during the day.
Thanks go to Greg Ridge and the Forbes Shire Council outdoor staff, who prepared Stephen Field for the day. Without the help of these great workers, the carnival would not have been as successful.
The FNA Committee look forward to seeing the rest of their new courts built, as complaints were made over the state of the surface on some of the old courts, which are breaking up and becoming unplayable.
Results of the day:
• 17 rep/opens winners West Wyalongopens, runners up Cowra 17s.
• 15 rep winners Blayney, runners up WestWyalong.
• 14 rep winners Mudgee, runners upCowra.
• 13 rep winners Dubbo, runners up Yass.
• 12 rep winners Dubbo 13 Dev, runnersup Yass.
• 12 years Development winners Dubbo,runners up Bathurst.
• 11 years Gold winners Dubbo White, runners up Yass Blue.
• 11 years Blue winners Orange Orange,runners up Mudgee Purple.