The annual Forbes Rugby Union Club (FRUC) Golf Day was held on Friday, 24th March prior to the President’s Lunch, where much needed money was raised for the Peter Murphy Memorial Fund (PMMF) and Forbes CanAssist.
Over 42 golfers of all abilities and experience attended the day, which was a good number, considering approximately 28 regular participants were unable to attend due to a clash with other events.
The day was well organised by Adam Demidjuk and Tony Cogswell from Forbes Golf Association and a great time was had by all. The winners on the day were the Nash, Hall, Gorman and Maclay team.
The golf day raised a total of $4,750 for the Peter Murphy Memorial Fund and a further $1,480 was donated to Forbes CanAssist from Life Pharmacy Group and from funds raised at the drinks cart.
The day would not have been possible without the generous support of sponsors and everyone who donated items or time, including:
• Causeway Financial, Mike Davis
• Bushmans Tanks, Chris Glenn
• Fugen Constructions, Steve Flannery,Tim and Dan Murphy
• Green Grove Developments Pty Ltd,Greg O’Shanassy and Chris Smith
• The Book Dispensary, Debbie Prior
• Retaining Wall Systems, Tim and DanMurphy
• BJO Custodians Pty Ltd, Brian O’Sullivan
• Flannery’s Pharmacy and Life Pharmacy Forbes, Sarah Hazell, Jack Buckleyand Michael Flannery.
• Lastly but most importantly, a massive thank you to everyone who participated and made it such a great day.
The team at Flannery’s Pharmacy are starting to get egg-cited about Easter. Trading hours for the long weekend are:
• Good Friday – closed
• Easter Saturday – open 9am – 12.30pm
• Easter Sunday and Monday – closed.
• Have a safe and happy Easter!