Since the inception of theNorthparkes Mine Community Investment Program in 2011, over one million dollars has been invested in the Parkes and Forbes Shires.
The program runs twice each year, with $50,000 available each round. Funding of $40,000 is a contribution from Northparkes Mine and $10,000 is a contribution from Triple Flag Precious Metals.
Northparkes Mines Managing Director, Jianjun Tian said, “The Community Investment Program has been operating for 12 years, and is our ongoing commitment to support our community, and in tandem our organisation’s vision of ‘a century of mining, together’.
“As a residential mine, we invest in meaningful partnerships to support our communities and people into the future. These ongoing contributions to Parkes and Forbes Shire are fundamental to our success as a company.”
The successful applicants for round one included:
• Parkes Junior Cricket Association
• Forbes Amateur Swimming Club Inc.
• Forbes Ranch Sorting and Penning
• Peak Hill Leisure Arts & Craft Inc
• Paint The Town REaD
• Trundle Pastoral & Agricultural Society Inc
• Forbes Toy Library
• Central West Lachlan Landcare Inc
• Trundle Bush Tucker Day Incorporated
• Parkes East Public School – Marimba Troupe
• Forbes Pastoral Agricultural and Horticultural Association Inc
• Country Women’s Association of NSW
• Forbes District Soccer Club
• Peak Hill P A & H Association Inc.
P• arkes Community Arts Inc
The Community Investment Program has an independent selection committee, made up of local community members of Parkes and Forbes to review the applications and allocate the available funding. This involves ensuring the applications meet the economic, social, environmental, cultural, recreational and educational needs of the local communities.
The second round of the 2023 Community Investment Program will open on 1st July, and close on 31st October. For information, please contact Laura Mansell, 6812 3556, email@example.com