To me when I think of cutting edge design it conjures up images of a sleek and so-phisticated look that pushes the boundaries of design and style to a new level. It sets you apart from the rest and perhaps creates a space that has you featuring in your home the latest trends and choices available in the marketplace that may have not been fully adopted by the majority of the general public yet due to their newness in the world of design.
It is a constantly changing world with advances in products, building materials and styling finishes happening so often that it takes a keen student to stay in touch with these changes and to embrace them within their own home. I like to think of this approach to design and to including advancements into my work to make my life and my client’s life easier throughout our design process.
Make a style file or Moodboard when you start the process of beginning to style your home and at that point collect all the information about what products are available and how you would like to incorporate them into your design. This allows you to do all your research and evaluation early in the project and you will save valuable time in the long run as when the contractors need speedy decisions you will be ready to go.
So here are my favourite ways to incorporate great design into your world:
• Adopting a minimalistic approach to your design will always give you an amazing result that has cutting edge design all over it.
• Introducing different building materials into your mix will give a designer edge to your final style.
• Metallic finishes scream designer chic at the moment.
• Incorporating a true eco friendly element to your home’s design is a must in making your home cutting edge in design and proactive in saving the impact we have on the environment.
• Embrace the theory that true cutting edge design allows us to incorporate old with new seamlessly.
Decorating and styling your home can really give you an opportunity to express your own inner style in a really tactile way. And I think true cutting edge design is discovering and combining the things that you treasure into a home that you absolutely love.