The Parkes Bridge Club has been in recess for months during these difficult times. Some members have been playing privately to hone their skills, but no beginner classes could be offered.
The Australian Bridge Federation has come to the rescue and initiated free online lessons for all prospective bridge players. The first of the four lessons will start at 2pm on Tuesday, 25th August and continue every Tuesday on 1st, 8th and 15th September.
The course is conducted by Paul Marston, who has taught more than 10,000 people to play bridge and his books have sold over 500,000 copies.
The course will run over four lessons:
• Each lesson will be a little over an hour.
• Each lesson will include a play component on BBO so you actually play hands.
• The lessons will be held on Zoom which is really simple and you do not have to join.
• Information will be provided in advance on how to use BBO and Zoom.
• Everyone who joins the online course will have their own webpage.
• Five short tutorials to help understand taking tricks being fundamental to bridge.
• Every player will receive copies of the lessons and the notes.
• Videos from the teacher will be available.
If anyone has an interest in cards whether you played canasta as a child, watched your parents play euchre, played 500 in your teens or solo in later years, you would love bridge.
The link to register is https://bridgelounge.online/learn-bridge-registration/abf/