The Parkes Antique Motor Club (PAMC) has recently been donated a very rare 1909 NAG (National Automobile Germany) Veteran Car. The 1909 NAG was previously from the Ploughman’s Estate, having been owned previously by Jack Robens from Parkes. Jack was a mechanic at Webb’s Garage in town back in the 1940s. The Robens family have kindly donated the vehicle to the PAMC to be put on display at the Parkes Motor Museum at the Henry Parkes Centre once it is restored.
The NAG was one of five existing in Australia, with one being destroyed in a fire, two residing in Lake Macquarie and the other in Victoria all having been fully restored.
The restoration will commence within the next month with members of the car club working to restore it to its original condition. The club are currently trying to source some parts for the vehicle which include front brass windscreens, brass tail lights and other veteran parts.