All too much in life we seem to be waiting for something to happen before we can really enjoy our life. We constantly wait to lose that last three kilos or to fit in that special dress. We need to start living in the moment and enjoy what we have now.
Life is here to enjoy it now. If we can start celebrating what we have each and every day we can live our best lives right now. There will always be projects to make our homes better, but let’s start to turn our houses into homes that we can’t wait to return to every day.
It’s easy if you follow these simple ideas:
• Take pride and care in your home and your possessions. Surround yourself with items that you really love and that
will look fantastic.
• Adopt a clutter-free approach to living your life by removing excess items and junk.
• Give your home the WOW factor by adding statement pieces in different rooms.
• Give yourself permission to stay home and relax every now and then. Just enjoy the simple pleasures in life and allow yourself quiet time in your favourite chair to read or just to sit and reflect for a while.
• Start pursuing activities that you love to do in your home and make time for these pursuits. If you love entertaining go for it, and create a space that allows you to enjoy spoiling your family and friends.
• Stop procrastinating and start doing! If you are not sure of how to bring your decorating dreams to life, get help!
My home is really important to my happiness, and by this I mean that regardless of its size or style, I have a home that I love to come home to. It’s my sanctuary from the outside world. When you create this inner feeling of peace and belonging in your home, your life and what you can achieve in the outside world grows exponentially…
By Karen Creith