The final decision on whether the Parkes Elvis Festival will proceed next year will be made by the 28th of September.
“The safety and wellbeing of our community, artists, fans, staff and businesses is foremost in our planning, and we are evaluating moving the festival to another date or cancelling it altogether,” said Festival Director Cathy Treasure.
Parkes Shire Mayor Ken Keith OAM added the health and safety of the community would come first in the decision. “However, with just over five months to go we are still hopeful that the 2021 festival will proceed as planned and do not want to be premature in cancelling an event that has such a positive impact on the region.”
“A festival of this size takes year-round planning, therefore we are continuing to work behind the scenes,” said Cathy. “This way we can make sure that if we get the green light from NSW Health, we have everything in place to host a safe and fun festival for everyone.”
The following decision-making dates have been scheduled: The ticket launch date has been delayed from 7 September to 19 October. No sales will be made before confirmation the event is safe to proceed; The decision to move the festival to a later date will be made by 31st August; Community and business consultations will take place in September to ensure that the decision is in line with community expectations for the final decision on 28th September.