Sometimes the thought of starting a project can literally stop people in their tracks. Here are my five top tips to get you inspired.
1. Never be afraid to ask for help! Asking a professional will give you confidence to achieve the result you want.
2. Always have an idea before you start shopping or making decisions. Create a style file from magazine or internet pictures.
3. An inspiration piece can be the perfect starting point. There is usually one key element that stands out and this can be used to select all the other pieces to keep cohesion to the final look.
4. Know your budget to avoid the end result getting blown out of control. You can achieve a great look at any price.
5. Have a clear idea of what you want to do in the completed room. Function must meet form to give you a sense of accomplishment at the end.
Decorating and making our dreams reality in our homes should be a fun experience. I hope with these ideas you will feel more empowered to take that initial step and confident that you are not alone.
By Karen Creith