PARKES LIBRARY IS ON THE MOVE!
Parkes Library is packing up and moving to Clarinda Street (next door to Discount Dave’s) for one year as the present library space undergoes extensive renovations and expansion. The Library will be closed from 5th August until 2nd September to allow the Library to relocate. The branch libraries at Peak Hill, Trundle and Tullamore will continue to operate as normal.
The services that will still be available are:
• On-line resources & collections
• Extended loan period
• Increased number of loan items
• Free public computer access
• Returns chute will continue to operate as normal until Saturday, 24th August.
From Monday, 26th August returns can be made at 2/250 Clarinda Street.
FREE PUBLIC COMPUTER ACCESS
During the time the Library is closed, free public computer access will be provided at Parkes Shire Council’s Administration Building at 2 Cecile Street, Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5pm.
• Computer access will be limited to 30 minutes for essential use (ie, printing, emails & research)
• Computers will not be available for recreational use
• Scanning, printing and photocopying will be available at current charges.
YOUR ONLINE LIBRARY
Remember you can access our online collection and resources, even while the Library is closed. Parkes Shire Library’s Online Catalogue provides members with convenient access to collections and resources, including eMagazines, eBooks & eAudioBooks, and online databases. Visit the Parkes Library website www.parkes. nsw.gov.au then go to My Online Library
where you can access:
• eMagazines – download the RBdigital app and login with your Library membership number.
• eMagazines and eAudioBooks – download the ePlatform app and login with your Library membership number.
Remember Library staff are available until 3rd August to help you download the app if you need.