Our doors might be closed but the library is still here for you!
In response to the COVID-19 virus the Parkes Shire Libraries closed their doors last Wednesday, including access to the 24-hour library service in Trundle and Tullamore. Returns can be placed in the returns chutes at each branch, but we will automatically extend all loans until we re-open. All programs, activities and face to face borrowing will be suspended until further notice, but the fantastic range of online resources will remain available for members and can be accessed from the Library section on the Council website www.parkes.nsw.gov.au
Here are five FREE things you could do from home:
1. eMagazines – read your favourite magazines for free such as Delicious, Country Style, Women’s Weekly, Better Homes & Gardens, New Scientist, Marie Claire, and many more.
2. eBooks and eAudioBooks – browse and download popular books for reading or listening.
3. Online/Electronic Resources – do research using online databases and encyclopedias.
4. Online Computer Training program – learn more about most commonly used computer and technology-based programs by accessing The Computer School program with free lessons and tutorials.
5. GoDigi Digital Learning – learn more about the internet and all the different things you can do online such as how to shop and find health info.
To access the library’s online catalogue, go to the Parkes Shire Council home page and select the Libraries icon. Select My Online Library with a list of the collections available. Instructions are available on how to access the collections or programs. All you need is your library membership number located on the back of your library card below the barcode. Give us a call if you have any difficulties! Visit our Facebook page for more ideas of things to do at home and on line.