The spring sun brought 29 bowlers out to play at the club on Tuesday. 17 social bowlers enjoyed their play on such a stunning day and the first round of Club Triples was also played.
The results of the first round of Club Triples were G Carty, C Frame and R Went defeating L Orr, L Baker and E Miller, 25-9. B Davies, B Johnstone and L Byrne defeated C Reed, K Evans and J McPhee, 25-7.
The draw for Triples matches to be played on Tuesday, 8 September are B Davies, B Johnstone and L Byrne vs L Ryan, M Rodgers and M Grant. G Carty, C Frame and R Went vs M Miller, J Simpson and H Harvey.
The Annual General Meeting was held on Tuesday, 1 September with outgoing President, Merilyn thanking all present, and presenting her report. All positions were filled for next year with positions as follows:
• President: Maureen Miller
• Vice President: Merilyn Rodgers
• Secretary: Heather Harvey
• Committee: D Howell, C Curteis, L Baker, L Orr, K Craft.
• Selection committee: A Jones, L Byrne, B Johnstone.
• Match committee: M Iffland, B Davies, K Evans, C Frame
The new committee will be meeting on Tuesday, 8 September at 1.30 pm. To play social bowls on Tuesday please call the club on 6862 1446, between 9-9.30am.
By Lea Orr